PAGES

Thursday 26 November 2015

First book review




'Oh Dear Silvia' by Dawn French

This is a hand me down by the mother (another book obsessed person in my life) who suggested I read this as she thoroughly enjoyed it and I had heard quite a few good things about it anyway.

Without spoiling it for others, it is a story about a woman who is in a coma and is frequently visited by those in her current life and from her past. Unfortunately I did not get past page 109 due to really struggling to get into it. Now I am not one to give up a on a book normally and I can pretty much read anything, but for some reason this book is not for me and those “funny” parts mentioned to be quite frequent in the book… well I haven’t discovered them so far.

I am quite a fast reader and I kept persevering to trudge through it but was not getting anywhere!
I am not saying I will not reattempt this in the future but for now I have 49 other books to start reading before the collection grows further at Christmas.

What are your views on this book? 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Confessions of A Cat Mother Maira Gall.